Arc & Gas welder
- Job DescriptionA trainee attending the course on ‘Arc & Gas Welder’ fuses metal parts together using oxygen acetylene flame. The trainee joins metal parts together using gas brazing. The trainee also fuses metals using Arc welding.
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours800
- Accrediting BodiesConcerned department of the respective State/UT Govts.
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
1.Perform routine jobs of setting the machine and componentsv for cutting, welding, brazing and allied operations.
2. Perform practical skills to cut/ weld metal pieces in different positions by using, Gas welding, with appropriate equipments/ consumables and ensure quality weld joints.
3. Perform manual Gas cutting operation for carrying out repair works or stock removal.
4. Perform joining of metals by brazing process to the required quality.
5. Perform practical skills to prepare and weld metal pieces in different positions by using Arc welding, with appropriate equipment/ consumables and ensure quality weld joints.
6. Perform inspection of welded joint by visual inspection, and measure weld parameters using weld gauges.
- International Comparability
Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
- Progression Pathway
1.Qualifying trainee can take admission as per Apprenticeship Training Scheme
2. This qualification shall enable the trainee to find employment as a skilled worker.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Testing centres are registered by States on the same line as
for VTPs. Candidates desire to get the skills certified have to
apply on line or through Testing Centres. Assessing Bodies
/assessors will be allotted automatically by the IT
application. This facility is being provided on the web-portal
of SDI scheme. Until then following procedure will be
adopted for direct assessment:
Assessing Bodies are responsible for registration of
candidates for testing. It may do so directly or through its
designated centres or VTPs.
Candidates are allowed to get registered themselves either
directly on the portal or through Testing Centre concerned.
Assessing Bodies apply online list of candidates to be
assessed to respective RDAT who, in turn, acknowledge the
same by allotting ABN. RDAT make schedule of trade test,
including date, time, list of candidates and location of
designated Testing Centre under intimation to AB.
AB inform in advance about the courses, candidates list,
and requirement of raw material to Testing Centre in
ABs are responsible for preparation of question papers both
for theory and practical test based on the approved criteria
- Qualification File NSQF -Arc and Gas Welder.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Practical Mandatory 700 3 Soft & Entrepreneurship Skills Mandatory 100 3