- Job DescriptionCourier Sorters are also known as Mail Sorters or Sorting Agents. Individuals in this role, who work in both service stations and hubs, are responsible for sorting outbound/inbound mail items according destination hub/service center in preparation for delivery. They are a key part of the operations as both outbound and inbound mail items have to sorted for efficient operations.
- SectorTransportation, Logistics & Warehousing
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours170
- Accrediting BodiesLogistics Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesLogistics Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
to sort outbound/inbound mail items according to destination hub/service center in preparation for delivery.
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
Supervisory Role or Executive Level. Refer to Annexure 8.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Refer to Annexure 11
- Qualification File NSQF-Courier Sorter.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level LSC/N3010: Prepare for Sorting Mandatory 70 3 LSC/N3011: Perform Sorting Mandatory 70 3 LSC/N3045: Maintain health, safety and security standards during mail sorting Mandatory 30 3