ATS - Instrument Mechanic (Chemical Plant)
- SectorChemicals & Petrochemicals
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Instrument Mechanic (Chemical Plant) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
• Mechanic Precision Instrument, General
• Technician Instrumentation
• Mechanic Precision Instrument, Mechanical
• Mechanic Precision Instrument, Electrical
• Reservoir Caretaker
• Wastewater-Treatment-Plant Operator
• Chemical Processing Plant Controllers, Other
• Continuous Still Operator, Petroleum
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Instrument Mechanic (Chemical Plant)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF - Intrument Mechanic Chemical Plant.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Semester – I (i) Separate the mixture of liquids and prepare standard solutions. Perform various types of titration and separate elements from mixtures. Measure PH, and conductivity of various substances. 160 5 (ii) Perform basic workshop operations using suitable tools for measuring, holding, cutting, filing, riveting, drilling, reaming and threading. Observing suitable care & safety. 360 5 iii) Plan and organize the work in familiar predictable / routine environment for different types of welding / riveting/ seaming and allied operations. 160 5 (iv) Apply and execute various physical properties of materials and verify different physical laws by operating various instruments. 120 5 Semester – II (v) Identify, test various electrical components using proper measuring instruments and apply this knowledge to troubleshoot power supplies. 80 5 (vi) Select and execute electrical/ electronic measurement of single range meters and calibrate the instrument and record the data. 160 5 (vii) Plan and execute soldering & desoldering of various electrical/ electronic components in different circuits. 40 5 (viii) Test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and compare the data using standard parameter. 160 5 ix) Assemble simple voltage regulators and electronic power supply circuit and test for functioning. 240 5 (x) Perform basic computer hardware like identify of various parts, connect cables, replace parts, and test of desktop computer. 160 5 Semester – III (xi) Identify and select various field instruments as per the applications. 40 5 (xii) Perform troubleshoot, calibrate, test and repair of pressure measuring, indicating and controlling field instruments and analyze the data. 200 5 xiii) Plan and execute Erection and commission of field control loop system for pressure. 40 5 xiv) Perform troubleshoot, calibrate, test and repair of temperature measuring and indicating, controlling and recording field instruments and analyze the data. 200 5 (xv) Perform troubleshoot, calibrate, test and repair of flow measuring and indicating field instruments. Erection, commission and analyze the data. 160 5 (xvi) Perform troubleshoot, calibrate, test and repair of level measuring, indicating and controlling field instruments and analyze the data. 200 5 Semester – IV (xvii) Apply safe working practice, follow instructional manual and handle calibrator & communicator. 120 5 (xviii) Plan, execute and repair Electronic / Pneumatic converter and safety valves. 40 5 (xix) Perform calibrate, test and repair the various type recorder of different type process parameters. 80 5 (xx) Plan, execute, calibrate and test transmitter for various process parameter. 80 5 (xxi) Select suitable controller, perform process control, troubleshoot and calibrate various controllers in chemical plant. 120 5 (xxii) Plan and execute erection, commission, overhaul and repair the final control elements with accessories. 120 5 (xxiii) Basic working and Identification of faults in process control based on PLC, SCADA and DCS. 120 5 (xxiv) Operate packed distillation column and carry out maintenance of triple effect evaporator, heat exchanger and chiller. 80 5 (xxv) Plan and execute automatic process control block diagram and others field bus control systems. 80 5 xxvi) Revision, Project work and Examination 840 5 Sub Total (A) 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification