CTS - Operator Advance Machine Tool
- Code N/A
- SectorChemicals & Petrochemicals
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Operator Advance Machine Tool has a wide scope of Employability ranging from selfemployment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years‟ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in „Operator Advance Machine Tool trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_CTS_Opeartor Advance Machine Tool.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hack sawing, Chiselling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. 440 4 maintenance of different machines and check for functionality. [Different Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw and Bench Grinder] 40 5 (iii) Prepare different cutting tool to produce jobs to appropriate accuracy by performing different turning operations. [Different cutting tool – V tool, side cutting, parting, thread cutting (both LH & RH), Appropriate accuracy: - ±0.06mm, Different tur 160 5 (iv) Set the different machining parameters and cutters to prepare job by performing different milling operation and indexing. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different milling operations – plain, face, angular, form, gang, 200 5 Semester – II (v) Produce components of high accuracy by different operations using grinding. [Different operations – surface grinding, cylindrical grinding with an accuracy of ± 0.01 mm] 240 5 (vi) Set different components of machine & parameters to produce taper/ angular components and ensure proper assembly of the components. [Different component of machine: Form tool, Compound slide, tail stock offset; Different machine parameters- Feed, spe 120 5 (vii) Set the different machining parameters to produce screw & multi start threaded components applying method/ technique and test for proper assembly of the components 80 4 (viii) Set the different machining parameters and cutters to prepare components by performing different milling operation and indexing. [Different machining parameters – feed, speed and depth of cut. Different components – Rack, Spur Gear, External Spline 320 5 (ix) Measure components using different instrument/ gauge and test machine tool accuracy. [Different instrument/ gauges- limit gauges, Sine Bar, snip gauges, tool maker& 80 5 039;s microscope and profile projector; Simple Machines – Drill Machine, Power Saw and Lat Semester – III (x) Set (both job and tool) CNC turning centre and produce components as per drawing by preparing part programme. 840 5 Semester – IV (xi) Set (both job and tool) CNC machining centre and produce components as per drawing by preparing part programme. 800 5 (xii) Plan and perform simple repair and maintenance of different machines and check for functionality. [Different Machines – Drilling Machine, milling machine and Lathe] 40 5 (xiii) Revision, Project work and Examination 800 Sub Total (A) 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification