AOI Machine Operator
- Job DescriptionThe individual at work is responsible for testing the PCB at several stages of assembly by using the AOI machine to check for scratches, stains, open, short, thinning solder, missing components, incorrect components and incorrect placing of components – that is parts with limited or known variations. The individual also conducts visual checks to identify any faults in the automotive electronic component.
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours240
- Accrediting BodiesElectronics Sector Skills Council of India
- Certifying BodiesElectronics Sector Skills Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
Automated Optical Inspection Operator: Also called, ‘AOI Inspector’, the Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) Operator conducts non-contact tests on bare board and assembled printed circuit boards (PCB) at different stages of PCB assembly for automotive electronics.
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
Testing Assistant, Quality Engineer, Reflow oven operator, Chip mounter machine operator
- Qualification File NSQF-AOI Machine Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ELE/N6601 Conduct AOI test and visual check Mandatory 140 4 ELE/N9919 Work with superiors and colleagues Mandatory 50 4 ELE/N9920 Follow safety procedures Mandatory 50 4