Fleshing Operator Finished Leather
- Job DescriptionA Fleshing Operator makes use of the fleshing machine to mechanically scrape of the excessive organic material from the hide (connective tissue, fat etc.). Fleshing can be carried out prior to soaking, after liming or after pickling. The process of fleshing is called green fleshing if the removal is done prior to liming and unhairing. If fleshing is performed after liming and unhairing it is called lime fleshing. Sheep skins may be fleshed in the picked state.
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours120
- Accrediting BodiesLeather Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesLeather Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Fleshing Operations in Finished Leather Segment.
- International Comparability
SKSG6- Manufacture material to add value in leather production (mechanical processing)
SKSL1- Manufacture material to add value in leather production (chemical processing)
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor in Finished Leather Segment.
- Qualification File NSQF-Fleshing Operator Finished Leather.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level LSS/N0101 Carry out fleshing operations Mandatory 120 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 4 LSS/N0102 Contribute to achieving product quality in fleshing operations Mandatory 4 LSS/N8501 Maintain the work area, tools and machines Mandatory 4 LSS/N8601 Maintain health, safety and security at workplace Mandatory 4 LSS/N8701 Comply with industry, regulatory and organizational requirements Mandatory 4