- Job DescriptionIndividuals in this job provide support to anaesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anaesthesia.
- CodeHSS/ Q 2501
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1200
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Anaesthesia Technician: Paramedical professional working in hospital settings and an integral part of the anaesthesia patient care team. Also known as anaesthetic technician.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOS's were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOS's.
- Progression Pathway
Progression will be possible in both academic as well as professional area as:
Level 5- Team Leader/ Supervisor - Anaesthesia Department
Level 5: Specialization in Advanced Anaesthesia Procedures as per department through bridge course
- Qualification File NSQF- Anaesthesia Technician.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS/ N 2501: Assist licensed anaesthesia provider in different care settings Mandatory 1200 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 4 HSS/N 2502: Prepare and manage anaesthesia room Mandatory 4 HSS/N 2503: Maintenance of Equipment Mandatory 4 HSS/N 2504: Administrative and other Duties Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of your competence and authority Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9606: Maintain a safe healthy and secure environment Mandatory 4 HSS/N 9607: Practice Code of conduct while performing duties Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9609: Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9610: Follow infection control policies and procedures Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9611: Monitor and assure quality Mandatory 4