Cardiac Care Technician
- Job DescriptionIndividuals in this job assist in performing invasive and non-invasive diagnostic examinations and therapeutic interventions of the heart and/or blood vessels at the request or direction of a provider.
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1500
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Cardiac care technician in the health Industry is also known as a cardio graphic technician or cardiovascular technician.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
- Progression Pathway
Progression will be possible in both academic as well as professional area as:
Level 5- Team Leader/ Supervisor - Cath Lab Department
Level 5: Specialization in advanced cardiographic & cath lab procedures through bridge course
- Qualification File NSQF- Cardiac Care Technician.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS/ N 0101: Monitor patients heart rate and rhythm using electrocardiogram (ECG) equipment Mandatory 1500 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 4 HSS/ N 0102: Perform Treadmill Test (TT) to assess cardiovascular response Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0103: Assist cardiologist in assessing cardiac structure and function using cardiac ultrasound Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0104: Assist with transesophageal cardiac ultrasound studies Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0105: Assist with pericardiocentesis procedure by echocardiography Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0106: Assist with implant of pacemakers by establishing lead integrity Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0107: Assist with insertion of temporary pacemakers Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 0108: Demonstrate proficiency in using equipment Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9602: Ensure availability of medical and diagnostic supplies Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of ones competence and authority Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9604: Work effectively with others Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9605: Manage work to meet requirements Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9606: Maintain a safe healthy and and secure working environment Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9607: Practice Code of conduct while performing duties Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9609: Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9610: Follow infection control policies and procedures Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9611: Monitor and assure quality Mandatory 4