- Job DescriptionSome of the key responsibilities of the Dietician Assistant include diet preparation, diet regulations, food handling, safety and sanitary standards and certain administrative functions.
- CodeHSS/ Q 5201
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours600
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Some of the key responsibilities of the Dietician Assistant include food preparation- diet regulations- food handling- safety and sanitary standards and certain administrative functions..
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
- Progression Pathway
Progression will be possible in both academic as well as professional area as: Level 5- Team Leader/ Supervisor - Dietetics Department or Level 5: Dietician
- Qualification File NSQF- Diet Assistant.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS / N 5201: Maintain hygiene & food safety Mandatory 480 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 4 HSS / N 5202: Store food safely and prevent contamination Mandatory 4 HSS / N 5203: Handle food safely to avoid contamination Mandatory 4 HSS / N 5204: Select a therapeutic diet/ menu Mandatory 4 HSS / N 5205: Prepare food safely to maintain nutritive value and avoid contamination Mandatory 4 HSS / N 5206: Educate patient on dietary restrictions Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of ones competence and authority Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9606: Maintain a safe healthy and secure environment Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9607: Practice Code of conduct while performing duties Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9609: Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9610: Follow infection control policies and procedures Mandatory 4