- Job DescriptionAssistant Physiotherapist work alongside qualified physiotherapists, assisting in the rehabilitation of patients suffering from reduced mobility. Key tasks of a Assistant Physiotherapist include setting up equipment, preparing clients for therapy and demonstrating mobility aids and exercises. Other duties may include keeping the department tidy and basic administration work.
- CodeHSS/ Q 7701
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours700
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Assistant Physiotherapist in the Healthcare Industry is also known as physical therapist assistant(PTA).
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
- Progression Pathway
Level 5: Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist
- Qualification File NSQF- Assistant Physiotherapist.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS/ N 7701: Follow the treatment plan as directed by the physiotherapist Mandatory 700 (Cumulative notional hour for all NOS) 4 HSS/ N 7702: Assist in patient mobility Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 7703: Monitor and report changes in health status of the patient to the supervisor Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 7704: Provide patient/family education and support Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 7705: Participate in program planning Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 7706: Assist in providing occupational therapy Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9601: Collate and communicate health information Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of one?s competence and authority Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9604: Work effectively with others Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9605: Manage work to meet requirements Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9606: Maintain a safe healthy and secure working environment Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9607: Practice code of conduct while performing duties Mandatory 4