- Job DescriptionThe job is all about carrying out all enabling activities which are integral part of coke making in a slotted coke oven battery for producing metallurgical coke.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours500
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor Coke Oven Operations
- Qualification File NSQF-Battery Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0201: Carry out all enabling jobs pertaining to coke production Mandatory 500 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 5 ISC/N0202: Prepare and carry out charging operation Mandatory 5 ISC/N0203: Prepare and carry out pushing operation Mandatory 5 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at workplace Mandatory 5 ISC/N0096: Work effectively with others and manage team members Mandatory 5