- Job DescriptionThe job is to inspect, identify the problems in the equipment, rectify the root causes for e.g. leakages, replaces the bearings, lubricates the bearings, ensures fitness of all types of bearings in the plant and carry out routine maintenance.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours190
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Technician – Mechanical Maintenance
- Qualification File NSQF-Bearing Maintenance.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0929: Understand the assigned job of bearing maintenance Mandatory 190 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0930: Prepare for bearing maintenance operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0931: Carry out the assigned bearing maintenance operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3