Belt Conveyor Maintenance
- Job DescriptionThe job is all about maintenance of the conveyor system including belts, idlers, motors, interlocking of belts, bunkers and control systems
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours190
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Technician - Conveyor Maintenance
- Qualification File NSQF-Belt Conveyor Maintenance.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0922: Understands the assigned job of belt conveyor maintenance Mandatory 190 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0923: Prepares for belt conveyor maintenance operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0924: Carries out the assigned job of belt conveyor maintenance operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0925: Activities specific to belt conveyor maintenance Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3