Coil Packaging Machine Operator-Rolling Mills
- Job DescriptionThe job is all about operation of the Coil Master (Coil Packaging Machine) for packing the finished coils (CR, Galvanised, Tinned, Colour Coated etc.), Strapping operation, and Wagon Unitisation in safe & secure manner. It includes bundling of the coil after mill, protecting the coil from dust, humidity, rain and handling damage by applying protective films and sheets in a designed sequence; weighing and labelling the packed coil according to specifications and finally ensuring readiness of coils for dispatch.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours190
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor – Coil Packaging Machine
- Qualification File NSQF-Coil Packaging Machine Operator-Rolling Mills.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0704: Check specifications, weights and physical condition of the Coil Mandatory 190 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0705: Carry out coil master operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0710: Carry out metal jacketing & strapping operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0711: Ensure wagon unitisation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3