Conveyor Operation and Maintenance
- Job DescriptionThe job involves inspection of the total belt driving system including the controls of conveyor belt as per the required sequence for feeding different raw materials (coal, lime stone, Iron ore etc.) in the service bunker through crushers/screener etc. This also involves basic maintenance and troubleshooting on Conveyor Belt system.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours270
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Technician - Conveyor Maintenance
Supervisor - Conveyor Operation
- Qualification File NSQF-Conveyor Operation and Maintenance.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0915: Inspection of total conveyor system along with operating equipments Mandatory 270 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0916: Start conveyor belt operation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0917: Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on conveyor belt system Mandatory 3 ISC/N0949: Carry out reporting and documentation Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3