EOT Overhead Crane Operator
- Job DescriptionThis job involves operating overhead cranes for safe transfer of raw material, intermediaries and finished products within the plant on receiving the signal.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours270
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor – EOT Crane Operations
- Qualification File NSQF-EOT Overhead Crane Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0913: Check the control systems of the crane Mandatory 270 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0914: Operate the crane to transfer material Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3