Fitter: Hydraulic & Pneumatic System
- Job DescriptionThe job is all about regular upkeep of hydraulic/pneumatic equipment/system, checking of hydraulic medium (hydraulic mineral oil), air under pressure and rectifying breakdowns including; identifying problems, dismantling equipment, cleaning parts, rectifying root causes , re assembling equipment, checking alignment, vibration, etc. to ensure fitness of equipment prior to handover and informing supervisor, operations, stores etc. as appropriate in a hydraulic and pneumatic system.
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours300
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs. However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Technician – Hydraulic & Pneumatic System
- Qualification File NSQF-Fitter Hydraulic & Pneumatic System.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0918: Understand the assigned job of hydraulic and pneumatic equipments Mandatory 300 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 4 ISC/N0919: Prepare for operation of hydraulic and pneumatic equipments Mandatory 4 ISC/N0920: Carry out the assigned operation of hydraulic and pneumatic equipments Mandatory 4 ISC/N0921: Activities specific to hydraulic & pneumatic fitter Mandatory 4 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 4 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 4