Goldsmith - Master Maker (Hand)
- Job DescriptionThe individual at work creates actual master pieces of the jewellery design , complete with frame, components, finishing, setting and embellishing - for replication into another or multiple jewellery pieces.
- CodeG&J/Q 0501
- SectorGem & Jewellery
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours240
- Accrediting BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Certifying BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
Goldsmith - Master Maker (Hand)
- International Comparability
not done yet
- Progression Pathway
- Planned arrangements for RPL
The GJSCI has empowered the Training Partners to play the role of facilitation agency. The roles and responsibilities of the facilitation agency will be as follows:
1. Survey the market and contact the persons who have acquired the skills of a particular trade in informal/non-formal settings and motivate them for getting their skills/competencies assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization.
2. Alternatively, a person who has acquired skills/competencies in informal/non-formal settings and desires to get his/her skills assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization approaches the Training Partner.
3. Training Partners will explain and assist interested candidates to register and submit the application form along with the required documents.
RPL Implementation Process:
In order to create an awareness about the RPL assessments, GJSCI will put in marketing efforts in targeted regions of the country to invite applications from the persons who desire to get their skills assessed, recognized and certified in relevant trade.
The set of documents along with the application form should be sent to the GJSCI office in the form of scanned copy and hard copy by post or in person by the Training Partner
i) Proof of work experience/skills/competencies acquired in informal/non-formal settings (Self undertaking)
(Skill based evidence)
ii) Work experience certificate from the employer if any
iii) Work experience certificate from the local Jeweller's Manufacturer's association
iv) Copy of the Educational Qualification certificate, if any
(Literacy based evidence)
iv) Self undertaking by the candidate indicating the basic literacy level
The candidate should submit the evidence at least one each from Group A and Group B.
1. The applications along with the evidence submitted by the candidates will be screened and reviewed by the Training Partner & GJSCI.
2. The eligible candidates will be informed accordingly.
3. The candidates who could not be eligible for RPL assessment, will be informed about the deficiency in the application form and evidence submitted by them to the Training Partner and will be asked to apply again after taking necessary remedial measures.
4. Training Partner will inform the candidates about the assessment centre, date and time for assessment well in advance. Efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate is assessed in his/her work place only.
1. Any artisan above the age of 18 with a minimum work experience of 6 months can get assessed in the RPL programme.
2. To validate the work experience, we shall need a letter from the local jeweller’s association or the employing company certifying his/her experience.
- Qualification File NSQF-Goldsmith - Master Maker (Hand).pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level G&J/N2301 Draw jewellery designs Mandatory 240 (Cumulative notional hour for all NOS) 5 G&J/N0601 Draw wire or strip from precious metal or alloy bar Mandatory 5 G&J/N0602 Make ball from precious metal or alloy Mandatory 5 G&J/N0603 Stamp the gold sheet Mandatory 5 G&J/N0604 Make gold chain Mandatory 5 G&J/N0605 Make the jewellery frame of gold or alloy Mandatory 5 G&J/N0802 Set gemstones on jewellery frame Mandatory 5 G&J/N9910 Maintain IPR and respect copyright Mandatory 5 G&J/N9912 Coordinate with co-workers Mandatory 5 G&J/N9914 Maintain safe work environment Mandatory 5 G&J/N0903 Use embossing technique to make jewellery components from precious metals Mandatory 5 G&J/N0902 Paint with enamel colours on jewellery frame Mandatory 5 G&J/N0904 Make components frame Kundan (24K gold) and Silver foils Mandatory 5 G&J/N0803 Set gemstones using Jadau technique and string Mandatory 5