Junior Hot Mix Plant Operator
- Job DescriptionThe junior hot mix plant operator is required to assist the operator in operating asphalt plant for the production of hot mix asphalt based on the mix designs used in the construction, roadways and maintenance of roadways.
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours120
- Accrediting BodiesInfrastructure Equipment Sector Council
- Certifying BodiesInfrastructure Equipment Sector Council
- Proposed Occupation
Equipment operations- Junior Hot Mix Plant Operator
- International Comparability
US- Asphalt Plant Operator I- Classification Specification 600801
The standard is about operating and maintaining the asphalt plant and performing major and minor repairs on the equipment. It specifies design, mixes and tests on asphalt blends.
- Progression Pathway
Hot Mix Plant Operator
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Presently the industry has a large work force of operators and mechanics who are trained and experienced but not certified as per the NSQF norms. It is proposed to certify them under the RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) program which will go a long way in facilitating their career progression.
- Qualification File 4 IESC_Q File_Junior Hot Mix Plant Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level IES/N0119 Carry out pre-operation checks on a hot mix plant Mandatory 36 3 IES/N0120 Carry out hot mix plant operations Mandatory 30 3 IES/N0121Carry out routine maintenance and troubleshooting of the hot mix plant Mandatory 42 3 IES/N7601 Comply with worksite health and safety guidelines Mandatory 12 3