Assembly & Maintenance of Personal Computer
- Job DescriptionComputer Technician are responsible for setting up of new computer systems , install new operating system, configure software & drivers and perform routine maintenance like software update , disk clean-up etc. They are also responsible for repairing the computer hardware when required.
- Last Revised-
- Notional Hours240
- Accrediting BodiesExamination Wing, National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) NIELIT Bhawan, Plot No. 3, PSP Pocket, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077
- Certifying BodiesNational Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) NIELIT Bhawan, Plot No. 3, PSP Pocket, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077
- Proposed Occupation
Computer Technician,Technical Support(Desktop)
- International Comparability
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences is offering similar kind of Qualification on “Computer Hardware & Software Maintenance” having similar course structure.
(Source: http://dict.muhas.ac.tz/index.php/ict-trainings/short-courses/computer-m... )
- The University of the West Indies, Open Campus is also offering similar kind of Qualification on “PC Support/Maintenance” having similar course structure.
(Source: http://www.open.uwi.edu/sites/default/files/country_sites/PC_Support_Mai... )
- Pennfoster career school International is also offering similar kind of Qualification on “PC Maintenance and Repair” having similar course structure (Source: http://www.pennfosterglobal.com/pcrepair/ProgramOutline.html )
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Presently, only candidates who undergo training shall be assessed and it will be incorporated once RPL strategy is finalized.
- Qualification File QF-AMPC.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Understanding the basic of computer, its components, different I/O devices 40 3 Acquiring skills to setup Computer BIOS, windows command prompt commands, formatting of Hard Disk, Installation of Operating System (Windows & Linux) and data recovery 30 3 Develop skills to install different types of application software, and Hard disk utility. 40 3 Develop skills to identify different types of Mother Board, its components and configuring it. 50 3 Develop skills to identify, configure and troubleshoot different types of Printers and UPS. 30 3 Develop skills to perform preventive maintenance, running diagnostic tool, backup files, virus protection program, IT Act 2000 50 3 Total 240 3