Certificate in Biomedical Manufacturing
- Job DescriptionThe objective of the training program is to develop a pool of workforce which can be employed by focuses on the acquisition of skills necessary to develop manufacturing processes and support production activities. As per the training modules at the end of the training, the candidate would be certified to perform following activities - a) Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. b) Document all manufacturing criteria, calculations performed, and decisions made. c) Implement process innovation, process development and improvement in terms of cost reduction and increase efficiencies on the production line. d) Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, train, supervise, and manage production line workers by educating employees on proper methods in which to operate and engage with machinery. e) Responsible for quality assurance of production, train, supervise and manage production line staff. Educate employees on proper methods in which to operate and engage with machinery. The detail progression is given in the item no 30 of this document.
- Originally Approved23rd NSQC - August 2019
- Last Revised-
- NSQF LevelLevel 6
- Notional Hours500
- Accrediting BodiesQuality Council of India (QCI)
- Certifying BodiesIndian Bio Medical Skill Consortium (IBSC)
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
Association for the Advancement of Medical
Instrumentation, USA (AAMI) & American
College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE),
ACCE is a global leader in Medical
Technology Certification (applicable worldwide).
IBSC has signed MoU with ACCE for
bilateral acceptance of practice.
International documentation reviewed for the
same included that following –
IBSC forges global partnership with AAMI to
certify biomedical engineering professionals
IBSC inks pact with AAMI
- Progression Pathway
After the due certification on qualifying all
the desired skills, it is expected that the
candidate will attain employment as Production Engineering.
After gaining certain experience, the
candidate will be promoted to higher levels
such as Design Engineer, Research &
Development Engineer. The candidates can
also work in Administration and contribute in
For diploma candidates they can entry
directly to second year of engineering
program in Bio-medical. Also, they can
purse degree in distance mode.
For engineering candidates, they can
pursue M. Tech Biomedical or MBA in
Hospital Administration. Also, they can
pursue PG programme in distance mode.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
When the individual has relevant
experience, he is assessed through a
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The candidate is assessed through a
combination of theory test, practical
knowledge and verbal questioning or VIVA.
The test is designed by SME or Subject
Matter Expert who prepares the test material
with total integrity and objectivity.
The candidate is administered a written test
of 45 minutes and a practical test of 1.5 to 2
Upon successful completion of the test the
candidate is declared competent for yet to
be competent, depending upon which the
training is advised.
The assessment is conducted by trained
and qualified assessors appointed by IBSC.
The tests are administered under strict
confidentiality and absolute lack of bias or
- Qualification File NSQF application file- J C 3 - IBSC - AMTZ - Vizag.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level MF01 Operations Management Functions and Strategies 100 6 MF02 Product Development, Testing, Evaluation, & Modification 150 6 MF03 Manufacture & Assembly (Design and process) 150 6 MF04 Materials Handling and Inventory Management 50 6 MF05 Service Delivery Management 50 6 Total 500 6
- Formal structure of the qualification