Additive Manufacturing Technician (3D Printing) (CTS)
- Job Description Additive Manufacturing Technician (3D Printing) is responsible for designing and programming of products, ranging from prosthetic products to 3D miniatures and assist with repair, upgrade and installation of various software and hardware related to Digital Manufacturing Laboratory facility.
- Last Revised
- Code2019/ME /DGT/02911
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Additive Manufacturing Technician (3D Printing) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Additive Manufacturing Technician (3D Printing)
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical yearly examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Additive Manufacturing Technician (3D Printing)’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant year and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_CTS_Additive Manufacturing Tech. (3D Printing)_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Construct different Geometrical figures using drawing Instruments. 80 4 Draw orthographic Projections giving proper dimensioning with title block using appropriate line type and scale. 80 4 Draw isometric projection from orthographic views (and vice-versa) and draw oblique projection from orthographic views. 80 4 Perform CAD application in 2D interface. 80 4 Create and plot assembly and detail views of simple geometrical solid with Dimension, Tolerance &Annotation in 3D Modelling. 80 4 Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. Accuracy: ± 0.25mm] 100 4 Perform different measurement with desired accuracy to check the components for functionality and conformance to defined standard using different instruments. [Different measurement: linear, taper, surface roughness, angular, thread; Different instruments 100 4 Make different fit of components for assembling observing principle of interchangeability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – Step fit; Different surface finishing operations – Scraping, Lapping and Honing;] 80 4 Explain Additive Manufacturing (AM) Technology and emerging trends in Additive Manufacturing. 80 4 Make the part applicable for Additive Manufacturing. 80 4 Explain different processes of Additive Manufacturing and make simple part of Additive Manufacturing. 80 4 Develop a prototype/ end use product. 80 4 Apply process algorithm (Slicing Software). 40 4 Make a simple fixture for functional requirement. 80 4 Suggest ways for optimization. 80 4 Identify and explain basic functioning of different electrical equipment, sensors and apply such knowledge in industrial application including basic maintenance work. [Different electrical equipment- multi-meter, transformer, relays, solenoids, motor & ge 120 4 Carryout basic maintenance of Additive Manufacturing machines. 80 4 Create aesthetic models having market appeal. 80 4 Compare different processes and materials. 80 4 Apply post processing techniques to finish job. 40 4 Scan and process scan data. 80 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 400 4 Total 2080 4
- Formal structure of the qualification