Advanced CNC Machining Technician (Rotary 4th Axis and 5th Axis Mill)
- Job DescriptionCandidate will be creating CNC Milling machine (Rotary 4th Axis and 5th Axis Mill) programs and operate the Vertical Milling Machines. The main duties of the CNC Operator / Technician are: ● Create CNC Milling Part Program with the inputs of Engineering Drawing of the part including GD&T as applicable ● Offset setting ● Perform TPM ● Create a part program (manual or using a cam software)/ Edit existing program ● Part Program Simulation ● Define cutting parameters ● Optimize cycle time ● Verify the tool path / Program. ● Prove out CNC Milling part program (single block/Dry run) & modify it if required. ● And finally inspect the Job as per the specifications and correct the dimensions if required.
- Originally Approved20th NSQC Meeting – NCVET – Dated 30th June 2022
- Last Revised-
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours390
- Accrediting BodiesKarnataka Skill Development Corporation
- Certifying BodiesKarnataka Skill Development Corporation
- Proposed Occupation
Own start up and applicable to all the industries using CNC machines.
Machining Technician, CNC Operator - Vertical Machining Centre, CNC Programmer, Machine Shop Supervisor
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
On successful completion of the tasks and gaining the required knowledge pertaining to industry, will be promoted to Operator, Operator cum programmer, Sr. programmer, Supervisor, Sr. Supervisor, Assistant Manager.
In the academic field the carrier can be started as trainer promoting to Assistant Trainer, Trainer, Sr. Trainer, Supervisor - Training, Sr. Supervisor - Training, Assistant Manager- Training.
- Qualification File QF - 1016_Advanced CNC Machining Technician (Rotary 4th Axis and 5th Axis Mill).pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Comply with workshop health and safety guidelines 5 4 Understand and apply principles of Basics of Engineering Design, Mathematics, system of measurements, Measurements and Tools, Machining, various types of material used in industries. 20 4 Understand Manufacturing Drawings, GD&T, Manufacturing Processes. Importance of Quality in Manufacturing. 20 4 Optimizing cutting tool parameters and application of cutting fluid and machine lubrication. 20 4 Operation of Rotary 4th Axis and 5th Axis milling centre. 20 4 selection and maintenance of tool and measuring equipment. 35 4 Machine programming and simulation of machine tool path. 40 4 Selection of material, tools also support the operations, maintenance and safety. 40 4 Prove out CNC part program and inspection of machined components using measuring instruments. 40 4 Assignments (Based on case studies and Industrial application) 60 4 Mini Project (Based on Industrial application) 90 4 Sub Total (A) 390