EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
- Job DescriptionEarly Childhood Educator will be able to teach children of nursery and kindergarten classes through montessori, happy education or other system of child education, reading and writing of alphabets, numerals and familiarizes them with names, colours, shapes, sounds etc. of objects, flowers, birds and animals Organizes group and individual play and educational activities to support and promote physical, mental and social development of children below primary school age etc.mental and social development of children below primary school age etc.
- Originally Approved24th NSQC-Feb,2020
- Last Revised-
- SectorEducation, Training & Research
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1600
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT).
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT).
- Proposed Occupation
• 2342.0100 – Teacher, Infant School/Teacher Pre-Primary
• 2342.9900 – Pre-Primary Education Teaching Associate Professionals, Other
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
• Senior Professional
• Entrepreneur Technical / Academic
- Planned arrangements for RPL
• Yes (For more details refer “Guidelines for Private candidate” in DGT website MIS portal).
- Qualification File QF_Early Childhood Educator_CTS1.2_NSQF-4-converted.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level TRADE SPECIFIC (i) Develop growth and development of 0-6years old Physical, language, social, emotional, cognitive, fine motor development, gross motor following safety precautions. 180 3 (ii) Analyze Philosophies of Early Childhood Educationist Maria Montessori, Fedrick Forbel, Jean Piaget, Rudolf Stiener, Reggio Emilia. 108 4 (iii) Apply the knowledge to prepare an Inside – Outside Environment for Pre-School Health and Safety of Pre-School children First Aid. 108 4 (iv) Identify the development of Practical Life and Sensorial Lesson in Pre-School. 216 4 (v) Select and execute the Progression and Presentation of Language and Math Skills in Early Childhood. 216 4 (vi) Select and apply the Art, Craft Music in Early Childhood to build concentration and calmness, realizing of feelings and developing balancing control movements to reach their full potential. 216 4 (vii) Comprehend Physical Science, Life Science, Botany, Zoology and Geography, Creating awareness and sensitivity of the world around us, making rational conclusions, being respectful of other cultures and communities. 216 4 (viii) Apply life skills and conflict resolution through Positive Discipline. Increase awareness of self, others and the environment 180 4 CORE SKILL EMPLOYBILITY SKILLS (i) Apply safe working practices. 20 4 (ii) Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 20 3 (iii) Interpret & use formal and technical communication. 20 4 (iv) Apply the concept in productivity & quality management in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. 20 4 (v) List and interpret various acts of labour welfare legislation. 20 3 (vi) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. 20 3 (vii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. 20 3 (viii) Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. 20 4 Total 1600