- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorPrivate Security
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours1040
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Fireman has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc
- Progression Pathway
- Can join as Fire Fighter in Industry..
- Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the trade for becoming instructor in ITIs
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Fireman’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Fireman_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping. 40 3 Identify different types of fire, select & perform various Hose drill. 80 3 Plan and perform fire fighting by using various types of fire extinguishers. 40 3 Establish the fire suppression criteria, compare and create various methods of fire extinguishment 40 3 Identify water supply system, select and perform various Hydrant drill viz., 3 men, 4 men, etc. 80 3 Select & execute the functionality of ground ladder 80 3 Identify, select and make use of various small gears 40 3 Identify, Select and perform various pump drill 40 3 Select and execute the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). 40 3 Classify various building construction structures and materials in relation to fire and life safety 40 3 Identify the procedure for making mechanical foam and establish its effectiveness in extinguishing class B fire. 80 3 Define risk evaluation and control procedures. Identify the direct/ indirect loss, mitigation measures, use of salvage sheets and salvage equipment 50 3 Execute technical rescue, use of rope, lines and various knots 40 3 Perform first aid to casualty, give CPR and artificial respiration to the breathing arrest casualty 120 3 Define risk evaluation and control procedures. Identify the direct/ indirect loss, mitigation measures, use of salvage sheets and salvage equipment. 30 3 Measure various capacities of water bodies & hydraulics in relation to water head, friction loss, velocity and water discharge 40 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 160 3 Total 1040