Early Childhood Educator (CTS)
- Job DescriptionEarly Childhood Educator teaches children of nursery and kindergarten classes through Montessori, happy education or other system of child education, reading and writing of alphabets, numerals, familiarizes them with names, colours, shapes, sounds, etc., of objects, flowers, birds and animals. Organizes group and individual play and educational activities to support and promote physical, mental and social development of children below primary school age.
- Originally Approved
- SectorOffice Administration & Facility Management
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Early Childhood Educator has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Teacher, Infant School/ Teacher Pre-Primary
- Pre-Primary Education Teaching Associate Professionals, Other
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc
- Progression Pathway
- Teacher in the day to day running of the pre-school.
- Supervisor in the primary school and undertake a key worker role with special children.
- Any Pre-school Demonstrator /counsellor.
- As special Educator in pre-primary /primary school.
- As Day-care & Care teacher.
- Can assistant teacher in school and occupational therapist
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2 The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Early Childhood Educator’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly
- Qualification File QF - Early Childhood Educator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Develop growth and development of 0-6 years old Physical, language, social, emotional, cognitive, fine motor development, gross motor. 200 4 Analyzing Philosophies of Early Childhood Educationist Maria Montessori, Fedrick Forbel, Jean Piaget, Rudolf Stiener, Reggio Emilia. 80 4 Apply the knowledge to prepare an Inside – Outside Environment for Pre-School Health and Safety of Pre-School children First Aid 80 4 Identify the development of Practical Life and Sensorial Lesson in Pre-School 120 4 Select and execute the Progression and Presentation of Language and Math Skills in Early Childhood 240 4 Select and apply the Art, Craft Music in Early Childhood to build concentration and calmness, realizing of feelings and developing balancing control movements to reach their full potential 240 4 Comprehend of Physical Science, Life Science, Botany, Zoology and Geography, Creating awareness and sensitivity of the world around us, making rational conclusions, being respectful of other cultures and communities 240 4 Apply life skills and conflict resolution through Positive Discipline. Increase awareness of self, others and the environment 200 4 Revision, Project work and Examination 680 Total 2080