- Qualification details
Cutting and Sewing (VI & OD) (CTS)
- Job DescriptionThe visually impaired & other disabled person may work as general tailor & cutter (hand), (textile Product) under close supervision of the supervisor. He/she is able to identify, select and make hand stitches in the given fabric by selecting different types of pattern; Draft paper pattern making, cloth cutting of ladies, kids & gents wear by taking appropriate body measurement & recording dimension. The person able to stitch seams with seam finishes, darts, pleats, tucks, frills, hem, casing, edge finishing, neck lines, pocket, collar, sleeves, cuff etc
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
On successful completion of this course the candidates shall be gainfully employed as:
Cutting, Lasting and Sewing Machine Operators, Other
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
After successful completion of the course the trainees will able to work as Tailor, Master Tailor, Stretcher, entrepreneur, self employed.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Cutting & Sewing’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_Cutting _ Sewing (VI)_CTS_NSQF-3.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping 40 3 Apply safe working practices 40 3 Identify, select and Make hand stitches in the given fabric. 120 3 Stitch the following using the given fabric: Seams with seam finishes, Darts, Pleats, Tucks, Gathers & Shirrs, Frill, Hem, Casing, Edge Finishing, Neck lines, Placket, Pocket, Collar, Sleeves, Cuff. 520 3 Fix the fasteners on the given fabric 40 3 Draft the pattern and sew a Ladies& 80 3 039; Suit 40 3 Take the appropriate body measurement and record the dimension 40 3 Identify, select the different types of patterns and apply. 360 3 Draft Paper Pattern Making, Cloth cutting of ladies wear. 200 3 Draft Paper Pattern Making, Cloth cutting of Kids wear 200 3 Draft Paper Pattern Making, Cloth cutting of Gents wear. 400 3 Revision, Project work and Examination 2080 Total