- Qualification details
‘COMPUTER AIDED EMBROIDERY DESIGNING
- Job DescriptionThe individual embroiders various designs on fabric or garments by machines. Selects size and colour of thread and amounts bobbins of thread or machine. Threads needle and pass yarn through carrier of machine. Adjusts machine for thread tension and type of stitch. Presses lever to raise needle and inserts material under it. Guides material or sewing arm of machine in accordance with drawing or outline or guide points of pantograph on enlarged design etc.
- Last Revised-
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1600
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT) accredits the Training providers (ITIs/ NSTIs/MSTIs/BTCs/BTPs / Industries / Establishments).
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT).
- Proposed Occupation
8153.0600 – Embroidery-Machine Operator (Semi-Automatic)
8153.0500 – Embroider, Machine
8153.0701 – Framer-Computerized Embroidery Machine
- International Comparability
- Planned arrangements for RPL
(For more details refer “Guidelines for Private candidate” in DGT website MIS portal).
- Qualification File QF_CAED_CTS1.2_NSQF-4.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Identify and use embroidery tools, machine and operate following safety precautions. 72 3 (ii) Prepare sample basic hand stitches (Temporary & permanent stitch). 36 3 (iii) Attain the skill to prepare sample by both the technique (Hand and Machine). 108 4 (iv) Embroidery Design the following with suitable fabric design using coral draw software. (Indian Dresses, Western Dresses) 144 4 (v) Set up the machine and machine accessories as per requirement 144 4 (vi) Identify, select and troubleshoot the machine wit 36 4 (vii) Develop the skill to make computerizes design with the application of software. 180 4 (viii) Setup computerized embroidery machine for transferring the image. 72 4 (ix) Run the computerized embroidery machine for all the digitizing process. 432 4 (x) Prepare T-shirt used monogramming & logo design. 72 4 (xi) Identify, select and apply the digitizing design and use various techniques e.g. Appliqué work, Sequins work, Taping work, Cording work, Chenille work 144 4 CORE SKILL EMPLOYBILITY SKILLS (i) Apply safe working practices. 20 4 (ii) Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 20 4 (iii) Interpret & use formal and technical communication. 20 4 (iv) Apply the concept in productivity & quality management in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. 20 4 (v) List and interpret various acts of labour welfare legislation. 20 4 (vi) Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. 20 4 (vii) Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. 20 4 (viii) Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. 20 4 Total 1600