Plumber General Assistant
- Job DescriptionA Plumber (General) Assistant is responsible for assistance in, preliminary installation and minor repair work of basic plumbing systems in domestic, commercial and institutional setups.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 2
- Notional Hours200
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Plumbing Skills Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Plumbing Skills Council
- Proposed Occupation
A Plumber (General) Assistant is responsible for assistance in, preliminary installation and minor repair work of basic plumbing systems in domestic, commercial and institutional setups.
- International Comparability
The Technical parts of the NOSs are comparable to Canadian, British and Australian standards. However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower to match with the existing Indian conditions. Apart from this the Qualification pack, as per the NSDC policy for our country, is for a job role and on a trade or occupation. Following the same there cannot be qualification pack comparability.
- Progression Pathway
Level-3 Plumbing Mason, Plumber (Welder), Plumber (General) , Plumber Pipeline, Plumber (Operations), Plumber (Maintenance & Servicing)
- Qualification File NSQF-Plumber General Assistant.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level PSC/ N 0129 (Assistance in, preliminary installation and minor repair of plumbing system) Mandatory 104 2 PSC/ N 0108 (Coordinating with the senior and other working team) Mandatory 40 Common across level 1-7 PSC/ N 0109 (Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment) Mandatory 56 Common across level 1-7