- Job DescriptionPlumber assembles, installs and maintains sanitary fittings and fixtures, sewage and drainage systems, heating and sanitary systems, gas and water pipe lines etc. Responsible for installation, operation and repair of plumbing system used in housing, commercial and institutional setups, drills passage holes in walls or floor of premises and fixes necessary brackets, stands, holders etc., maintenance and servicing of pipes and sanitary fixtures.
- Last Revised-
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1600
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT) accredits the Training providers (ITIs/ NSTIs/MSTIs/BTCs/BTPs / Industries / Establishments).
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT).
- Proposed Occupation
• 7126.0101 - Plumber, General
• 7126.0102 - Plumber, Operations
• 7126.0103 - Plumber, General-Installation and Repair• 7126.0104 - Plumber, General Helper
• 7126.0105 - Plumber, General Assistant
• 7126.0106 - Plumber, Maintenance and Servicing Assistant
• 7126.0107 - Plumber, Maintenance and Servicing
• 7126.0201 - Pipe Layer/Plumber Pipeline
• 7126.9900 - Plumbers and Pipe Fitters, Other
• 7212.0101- Plumber (Welder)/Plumbing
▪ (Sanitary Fixtures) Fitter Assistant
• 7212.0102 - Plumber (Welder) Assistant
• 7233.1301 - Plumber (Pumps E/M Mechanic)
• 7126.0301 - Pipe Fitter
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Yes (For more details refer “Guidelines for Private candidate” in DGT website MIS portal).
- Qualification File QF_Plumber_CTS1.2_NSQF-4-converted.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracyfollowing safety precautions. Basic fitting operation – marking, Hacksawing, Chiselling, Filing, Drilling, T 192 3 Perform Inner & Outer Thread cutting on Metal & Studs and thread cutting on different types of pipes & fittings accessories. 32 4 Join wood with carpenter’s tools 32 4 Carry out cuttingof Pipes of Different Dia in different angle and Joining of pipes by gas welding, Soldering and Brazing. 64 3 Construct Masonry brick wall and RCC casting. Brick wall cutting for concealing pipe line. 64 4 Carry out Cutting and Bending of Pipes using Plumber’s tools and equipments. 96 4 Join various type of PVC pipe by heat process or Welding. 32 4 Construct complete pipe line circuit with different types of Joints and fixing Cocks & valve on Pipe line. 32 4 Carry out cutting of different Types of PVC Pipe, joining and laying. 32 4 Perform Water analysis test, Water Pressure test and Water distribution system by using Pipe line. 32 4 Align and lay humed asbestos pipe line of different dia and fitting & maintenance of drainage pipe line. 64 4 Install and maintain different Electric pumps. 96 4 Join fittings for different purposes on PVC pipe line. 64 4 Construct inspection chamber, manhole, gutter, septic tank, socket etc. 32 4 Test pipe line as per site drainage pipe line layout. 32 4 Perform removal of leakage pipe line. 32 4 Install, fix & maintain different valve & cock. 32 4 Install & maintain water metre and water supply for fixture. 96 4 Demonstrate method of bending for different materials & different pipe joint. 64 5 Perform fitting and maintenance of Fixture at different place. 64 4 Carry out fitting, fixing & laying installation of hot & cold water pipe line and symbolizing. 32 4 Perform repairing & reconditioning of waste pipe line. 32 5 Perform repairing & reconditioning, scraping & painting of sanitary fittings pipe line. 32 4 CORE SKILLS EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS Apply safe working practices. 20 4 Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 20 4 Interpret & use formal and technical communication. 20 4 Apply the concept in productivity & quality management in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. 20 4 List and interpret various acts of labour welfare legislation. 20 4 Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. 20 4 Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/ organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. 20 4 Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. 20 4 WORKSHOP CALCULATION & SC Demonstrate basic mathematical concept and principles to perform practical operations. 40 4 Explain basic science in the field of study including simple machine. 40 4 ENGINEERING DRAWING Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work. 80 4 TOTAL 1600
- Formal structure of the qualification