- Job DescriptionThe individual visits scene of fire on motor vehicle equipped with firefighting material, water pumps etc. on receipt of fire information. Connects and mans hose to spray water or chemicals on fire, or uses portable fire extinguisher in places not accessible with hose. Demolishes parts of buildings or other structure as necessary, to clear passage and to prevent further spread of fire. Rescues trapped persons and administers artificial respiration to those overcome by heat or fire etc.
- Last Revised-
- SectorPublic Administration
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours800
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT) accredits the Training providers (ITIs/ NSTIs/ MSTIs/ BTCs/ BTPs / Industries / Establishments).
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT).
- Proposed Occupation
• 5411.0100 - Fire Fighter
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Yes (For more details refer “Guidelines for Private candidate” in DGT website MIS portal).
- Qualification File QF_Fireman_CTS1.2_NSQF-3-converted.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level TRADE SPECIFIC Identify different types of fire, select & perform various Hose drill following safety precautions. 72 3 Plan and perform fire fighting by using various types of fire extinguishers. 36 3 Establish the fire suppression criteria, compare & create various methods of fire extinguishment. 36 3 Identify water supply system, select and perform various Hydrant drill viz., 3 men, 4 men, etc. 72 3 Select & execute the functionality of ground ladder. 72 3 Identify, select and make use of various small gears. 36 3 Identify, Select and perform various pump drill. 36 3 Select and ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). 36 3 Classify various building construction structures and materials in relation to fire and life safety. 36 3 Identify the procedure for making mechanical foam and establish its effectiveness in extinguishing class B fire. 72 3 Define risk evaluation and control procedures. Identify the direct/ indirect loss, mitigation measures, use of salvage sheets and salvage equipment. 72 3 Execute technical rescue, use of rope, lines and various knots. 36 3 Perform first aid to casualty, give CPR and artificial respiration to the breathing arrest casualty. 72 3 Measure various capacities of water bodies &hydraulics in relation to water head, friction loss, velocity and water discharge 36 3 CORE SKILL EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS Apply safe working practices. 10 3 Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 10 3 Interpret & use formal and technical communication. 10 3 Apply the concept in productivity & quality management in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. 10 3 List and interpret various acts of labour welfare legislation. 10 3 Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. 10 3 Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. 10 3 Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. 10 3 Total 800