Ceramic Kiln Operator (ATS)
- Job Description The person operates kiln for baking pottery & porcelain ware to proper hardness or heating glazed or decorated articles to obtain requisite shining & hard surface. The person sets the kiln temperature based on the materials involved and order specifications, then loads the kiln with one or more pieces; monitors and adjusts temperature or ventilation, as needed. He/she completes a log or record of his actions, as well as equipment gauge readings, for future reference. Also perform general maintenance tasks of cleaning and organizing his work area. Also inspects his/her tools & equipment malfunction that might cause production delays or damage & reports to supervisor for repair assistance or equipment replacement.
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
CERAMIC KILN OPERATOR has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- CERAMIC KILN OPERATOR
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Ceramic Kiln Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify safety and best practices/Basic Industrial Culture (5S, KAIZEN, etc.) 100 3 Prepare different types of documentation as per industrial need by different methods of recording information. 100 3 Demonstrate Deflocculation and its settings. 100 3 Carry out casting process. 100 3 Apply & Use Plaster Making-economy concepts in the use of Plaster. 100 3 Identify different ceramic wares according to body, namely, Terracotta, stoneware, E’ware, Semi-porcelain, Porcelain, Bone china, Vitreous China etc. 100 3 Identify raw materials without use of sophisticated instruments. 100 3 Test & verify various parts of machine for ceramic slip house and casting slip, namely –Ball mill, Bungers, Diaphragm Pump Fitter Press, De-airing Pug Mill, Magnets etc. 100 3 Prepare casting slip with deflocculating agent like Sodium Silicate, Sodium Carbonate, etc. 100 3 Analyze casting rate with different stage of moulds like density-pint weight, specific gravity, flow properties, contents of bobbles & age of curing 100 3 Test & verify various faults in casting- Flabby casting, Variation of casting weight, Pin holding, Bubble formation in casting slip, Cracking, Wreathing, Proportionate shrinkage. 120 3 Develop Strength of Plaster. 120 3 Test Casting slip – Viscosity, Pint- weight, PH value, etc. 110 3 Differentiate between Strength & Thickness 120 3 Rectify the above defects of the casting slip by thickening, corrective additions, P H control, etc. 120 3 Practice in Drain Casting, solid Casting and Pressure Casting – Tea set, Dinner Set Artistic Toys, sanitary- ware, Insulators , etc. 120 3 Use casting Tools. 130 3 Perform joining and finishing of the cast wares. 120 3 Perform TPM (Total Production Management), TQM (Total Quality Management) and maintain record keeping system. 120 3 Total 2080 3 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 3 Total 2580 3
- Formal structure of the qualification