Ceramic Press Operator (ATS)
- Job Description Sets and operates press machine to mould ceramic articles from moist clay. Selects and fixes appropriate die or mould in machine; operate press which compresses clay mass into shape of mould, such as tile, brick or saggar; presses pedal to lift form to remove adhering particles to meet specification; cleans and adjusts mould fitted to machine, if necessary.
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
CERAMIC PRESS OPERATOR has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- CERAMIC PRESS OPERATOR
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Ceramic Press Operator.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Carry out safety and best practices/Basic Industrial Culture (5S, KAIZEN, etc.) 100 3 Prepare different types of documentation as per industrial need by different methods of recording information. 100 3 Recognise deflocculation and setting. 100 3 Identify Casting process. 100 3 Distinguish Plaster Making-economy in the use of Plaster. 100 3 Classify different ceramic wares according to body, namely, Terracotta, stoneware, E’ware, Semi-porcelain, Porcelain, Bone china, Vitreous China etc. 100 3 Identify raw materials without use of sophisticated instruments. 100 3 Examine various parts of machine for ceramic slip house and casting slip, namely –Ball mill, Bungers, Diaphragm Pump Fitter Press, De-airing Pug Mill, Magnets etc. 100 3 Prepare casting slip with Deflocculating agent like Sodium Silicate, Sodium Carbonate etc. 100 3 Apply casting rate with different age of moulds: (a) Density-pint weight, specific gravity, flow properties, contents of bobbles. (b) Age of curing. 100 3 Examine various faults in casting:- (a) Flabby casting (b) Pin holding (c) Cracking (d) Wreathing (e) Proportionate shrinkage (f) Variation of casting weight (g) Bubble formation in casting slip 120 3 Identify Development of Strength of Plaster. 120 3 Test Casting slip – Viscosity, Pint- weight, PH value, etc. 120 3 Recognise Strength vs. Thickness. 100 3 Rectify the above defects of the casting slip by thickening, corrective additions, P H control etc. 120 3 Apply Drain Casting, solid Casting and Pressure Casting – Tea set, Dinner Set Artistic Toys, sanitary- ware, Insulators etc. 150 3 Identify Practical uses of casting Tools. 100 3 Carry out joining and finishing of the cast wares. 150 3 Perform TPM (Total Production Management), TQM (Total Quality Management) and record keeping system. 100 3 Total (Block-I) 2080 3 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 3 Total 2580
- Formal structure of the qualification