Infrastructure Equipment Sector Council
- Job DescriptionTransit and Self -Loading Mixer operator drives and controls the mixer operations safely and as per schedule. He is responsible for loading the required quantity of aggregates, sand and cement as per the mix design into the drum and discharge the concrete to the desired location at the site after mixing the batched aggregates.
- Originally Approved1st NSQC-NCVET August, 2020
- Last Revised-
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours290
- Accrediting Bodies Infrastructure Equipment Sector Council
- Certifying Bodies Infrastructure Equipment Sector Council
- Proposed Occupation
Operator Transit and Self-Loading Mixer.
- International Comparability
US- Concrete-Mixing-Truck Driver- 900.683-010.
The standard is about loading hopper with sand, gravel, cement, and water. Start mixer and, drive
the truck, thereafter, unload the hopper.
- Progression Pathway
Sr. Transit and Self-Loading mixer operator- Master operator- Supervisor (Plant Machinery).
Progression will be with experience.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Presently the industry has a large work force of operators and mechanics who are trained and
experienced but not certified as per the NSQF norms. It is proposed to certify them under any of
the various models of RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) program which will go a long way in
facilitating their career progression.
- Qualification File QF -IESC.pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Bridge Module Introduction 80 4 (ii) IES/N0152 Carry out pre-operation checks on transit and self-loading mixer 28 4 (iii) IES/N0153 Operate transit and self-loading mixer 105 4 (iv) IES/N0154 Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of transit and self-loading mixer 49 4 (v) IES/N7601 Comply with worksite health and safety Guidelines 28 4 290